[rspec-users] False Positives and Autotest on New Folders

Geoffrey Wiseman geoffrey.wiseman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:11:24 EDT 2007

False Positives
I just discovered how easy it was to create a false positive when I, trying
my first RSpec test, did this:
   ob.should eql?('foo')
instead of:
   ob.should eql('foo')
or:
   ob.should == 'foo'

As far as I can see, this is roughly equivalent to:
  ob.should false

Neither eql?('foo') nor false causes the spec to fail; this is worrisome, as
I can imagine accidentally including that ? again; and I'd hate it to mask a
test failure.

Autotest
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to get autotest to pick up new
folders under spec/?  Seems like I might have to modify rails_rspec.rb in
lib/autotest.  We were considering separating our acceptance tests from the
rest.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman