[rspec-users] Rake tasks getting in the way of edge (uses gem instead)

David Richards drichards at showcase60.com
Tue Sep 4 16:12:56 EDT 2007

What I've done with this is to just uninstall the gem and commit to
working off of the plugins completely.  I've found that with gems in
general, I try to keep them local to the project I'm on, almost as if
they were a plugin.  I move them to my project's lib (gem unpack) so
that I've got explicit control over versions and dependencies and I
can very easily encapsulate my work domain when I go to deploy an
app.  Committing to the rspec plugins gives me the same features for

Hope this helps,