[rspec-users] Model Specs: Fixtures vs Mocks + Stubs?

Lance Carlson lancecarlson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:22:37 EDT 2007

What is the general opinion about fixtures versus mocking and stubbing
in model specs? I heard from agile on IRC that they save the database
testing for integration testing, but I also see that the caboose
sample applicaiton uses fixtures. I also noticed that on the rspec
site, it says "Ironically (for the traditional TDD'er) these are the
only specs that we feel should actually interact with the database."
(http://rspec.rubyforge.org/documentation/rails/index.html). Thoughts?