[rspec-users] 1.05 to 1.08

Shane Mingins smingins at elctech.com
Mon Sep 3 22:51:09 EDT 2007

We are looking at moving a project over from 1.05 to 1.08 but have a
problem with some of our helper specs

They work fine in 1.05 but error in 1.08 and it is the calls to route
helper methods that seems to be the problem.

I did some playing around .. because the code being tested is
reasonably large etc ... but this sample (using the peepcode app)
seems to boil down the problem

describe WeathersHelper do
   it do
     weather = Weather.new
     weather.id = 1
     weather_path(weather).should == "/weathers/1"

This passes in 1.05 and throws an exception in 1.08 ... is seems that
the route helper method is not available.

BTW, in our actual code the call to weather_path is in the helper ...
I just put it in the above for simplicity.

So I am wondering what may have changed and what do I need to

Shane Mingins
ELC Technologies (TM)
PO Box 247
Santa Barbara, CA 93102

Phone: +64 4 568 6684
Mobile: +64 21 435 586
Email:  smingins at elctech.com
AIM:     ShaneMingins
Skype: shane.mingins

(866) 863-7365 Tel - Santa Barbara Office
(866) 893-1902 Fax - Santa Barbara Office

+44 020 7504 1346 Tel - London Office
+44 020 7504 1347 Fax - London Office

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended
for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you
must not copy, forward, distribute or take any action in reliance on
it. If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.