[rspec-users] testing behaviour or testing code?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 10:49:33 EDT 2007

On 9/2/07, Rodrigo Alvarez Fernández <papipo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an article about this in my blog, with a controller spec example,
> testing just behaviour and not the code. Please, comment it and tell me what
> you think.

I added comments on the blog:
http://papipo.blogspot.com/2007/08/bdd-isolation-integration.html

> I guess that with the new Story runner, this approach will be
> even better.

Be careful here - Story Runner is not really intended to solve these
lower level problems. Not that it can't be used for that, but it's a
lot more heavyweight and better suited for high level scenarios that
exercise the code end to end (including the DB).

Cheers,
David