[rspec-users] How to spec routes for a resource nested in multiples resources?

rupert rupert_apsc at rupespad.com
Sat Sep 1 10:54:47 EDT 2007

> On 8/31/07, Edgar Gonzalez <edgargonzalez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got the resource "Llamadas" nested in:
>> - Operadores
>> - Productos
>> - Centros
>>
>> Here is part of my routes http://pastie.caboo.se/92767
>>
>> I want to spec that the routes for Llamadas, I tried several
>> approachs:
>>
>> - route_for(:controller => "llamadas", :action => "exitosas",
>> :operador_id => 1).should == "/operador/1/llamadas;exitosas"
>
> route_for wraps ActionController::Routing::Routes.generate(options),
> so whatever route_for is producing is what rails actually produces.
> You may want to ask on the Rails list how people are approaching this
> w/ test/unit. If you get an answer, please report it back here.

another suggestion... you could take the code from

http://pastie.caboo.se/74249

and paste it into a file called (say) routes.rake in your lib/tasks
directory then run rake routes to get a listing of all the routes and
their mappings in your terminal window.  This will show you how the
controllers, actions and parameters are mapped to urls and might help
you work out what's going on.

Cheers

Rupert