[rspec-users] Deprecating the mocking framework?

Peter Marklund peter_marklund at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 1 05:15:25 EDT 2007

I understand where you're coming from Tom. But it's currently two
script/plugin installs to start using RSpec with Rails, making it be
three (the current two plus a mocking framework) is presumably not
going to change adoption or the hurdle of using RSpec by much. I
currently use Mocha because I can use it both with Test::Unit and
RSpec. I have a big legacy of Test::Unit tests and I want to be able
to maintain those and use mocking there, with the same syntax as in
RSpec. That's why I don't use the built in mocking in RSpec.