[rspec-users] A better way to stub out constants

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Wed Oct 31 20:29:21 EDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 9:59 pm, Shane Mingins wrote:

> Similar to my MiddleMan stub .... I used
>
> class Object;  remove_const :MiddleMan; end
>
> Not sure how kosha it is?

Hi Shane

That was my actually my solution in the end, but I didn't post back to
the list.  To be honest, I don't think anything that messes with the
global namespace is kosha, but I guess it's something we've got to
live with.  (You often have to do worse stuff to test Rails, which
makes me feel better.)

I actually summarised the few steps I needed to take on my blog:
<http://aviewfromafar.net/2007/10/31/specifying-dynamic-gem-usage-with-rspec

Quite why I thought it was interesting enough to tell the google bots
but not interesting enough to tell the RSpec list, I don't know...

Cheers
Ashley

--
blog @ http://aviewfromafar.net/