[rspec-users] Rspec Release Plan (was Am I missing something with Heckle?)

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:53:11 EDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007 11:36 AM, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> When can we expect the next release of rspec?

Definitely by the end of November.
Likely by mid-November.
Hopefully in a matter of days.

The next release will be 1.1.0.

We're going to a release model in which 1.odd.x will be considered
experimental. This means that while we will document code-breaking
changes in subsequent releases (so you know what to do to move
forward), we will not commit to backwards compatibility to these
releases.

When we're ready to commit to a given API, we'll release 1.2.0. After
that we will be committed to backwards compatibility to 1.2.x (which
will implicitly remain compatible with 1.0.x).

Hope that all makes sense. This will give us the best opportunity to
get features out early with an understanding that they are subject to
change, while still allowing people who choose not to absorb that risk
to get features as they become less volatile.

Cheers,
David