[rspec-users] RSpec Texmate Bundle errors

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Tue Oct 30 13:35:16 EDT 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Alastair Moore wrote:

> On 30 Oct 2007, at 16:36, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
>> On Oct 30, 2007 12:13 PM, Alastair Moore <alastair at kozmo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>> This is using ruby 1.8.6 (2007-06-07 patchlevel 36) [universal-
>>> darwin9.0] on the full release of 10.5 Leopard. RSpec bundle is 2799
>>> and  RSpec-1.0.8 (r2338) - BDD for Ruby http://rspec.rubyforge.org/
>>>
>>> Little frustrating!
>>
>> It would be less frustrating if you use the same release of rspec and
>> the TM bundle!
>>
>> I'd suggest either upgrading rspec to rev2799 or grabbing the rspec
>> bundle from 2338.
>
> Hmm.. no such luck. I've upgraded the RSpec gem to rspec 1.1.0 (r2799)
> by checking it out and building the gem then installing it and it's
> using the same gem from that source so textmate bundle and rspec gem
> should be the same version now.

A coworker of mine had the same problem.  Here's what we did:

0. Closed down textmate
1. Deleted his bundle in ~/Library/Application\ Support /TextMate/
Rspec.tmbundle
2. svn up'ed his local copy to 2799 (we are running rspec_on_rails w/
rspec trunk and rail 1.2.3)
3. checked out the bundle to /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/
Rspec.tmbundle.  Checked it out at 2799.  Notice the path in
comparison to step 1
4. started up textmate
5. "Reloaded Bundles" in Texmate: Bundles => Bundle Editor => Reload
Bundles
6. It should work now!

Or at least, that was our experience.

Scott