[rspec-users] rake spec default environment

Steve vertebrate at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:35:28 EDT 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:55:32 -0400, Scott Taylor wrote:

> Well, usually the schema of the development database is copied to the
> test one (you wouldn't want to run 100 migrations just because you
> fired up your test now, would you?)
>
> Scott

This has been discussed recently. If you're doing true BDD, then you're
going to be using the test env before you even venture into your dev one.
Like you point out though, it poses a bit of a conundrum. Your tests are
run frequently, and having all those migrations run will slow things down.
Yet it's a PITA though to run my dev migrations when making changes before
I run tests since I haven't had need to run against that env yet.