[rspec-users] spec_distributed with rails

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sat Oct 27 18:53:51 EDT 2007

Is this the appropriate place to talk about spec_distributed?  If
not, I'll post the spec-ext (seemingly dead) mailing list on

I was able to run a non-rails project with
Spec::Distributed::RindaSlaveRunner (and RindaMasterRunner).  But I'm
stumped on how to do it with a rails project, when I have rspec trunk
installed.  I continue to get wrong error arguments, like the following:

escher: ruby -Ilib script/spec spec/models/* --require spec/
distributed --runner Spec::Distributed::RindaSlaveRunner
options.rb:74:in `run': wrong number of arguments (0 for 2)
         from /Users/smt/src/web/urbis/trunk/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/
spec/runner/options.rb:74:in `run_examples'
         from /Users/smt/src/web/urbis/trunk/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/
spec/runner/command_line.rb:22:in `run'
         from script/spec:4

Has anyone else used this?  Any tips? (Also, I've run script/generate
rspec since the last revision)