[rspec-users] plain text stories

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Wed Oct 24 14:56:52 EDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 6:39 pm, Pat Maddox wrote:

> 4. Stories enable better refactoring.  Using mocks makes your object
> specs more brittle, so changes to your code often requires changes to
> the specs.  Because stories work at a very high level, specifying
> observable behavior of the system, you can change the underlying code
> without breaking behavior.

In a similar way, because they are so high-level, you drive much more
development per line of story than you do per line of spec.  In fact,
you usually generate far more lines of specs than code, where a story
can exercise far more lines of code than it takes to write.  For
people like me, who need to see progress to make progress, this is a
big big win.

Ashley

--
blog @ http://aviewfromafar.net/