[rspec-users] plain text stories

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:43:35 EDT 2007

On 10/24/07, John W. Long <ws at johnwlong.com> wrote:
> I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why stories are nice for me
> as a programmer? It seems targeted towards people who don't want to
> write code. Generally speaking, I don't see the need for that on the
> projects I'm working on.

I see stories as integral / integration tool between your examples
(controller and models) and the final user.

Also, the whole job of the story is... tell a story. I find this a
better interface than:

"Contact Page should ... should not..." and so on...

> Is it possible for this to be a separate library from RSpec so that
> RSpec core doesn't become bloated?

AFAIK, spec and stories run in different paths. you can just ignore
the stories part and keep using the spec one.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi