[rspec-users] How is everyone structuring stories?

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Tue Oct 23 16:31:19 EDT 2007

Bleeding-edge story-writers,

How are you structuring your specs?

I am working on a new project and tried this:

./lib
   ./blah
./spec
   ./blah
   ./stories

But it breaks autotest, so I moved stories parallel to lib and spec.

Also what about suffixes?

I have adopted "xyz_story_spec.rb", and "xyz.story" for the time
being, with the line
   runner = Spec::Story::Runner::PlainTextStoryRunner.new(
               File.expand_path(__FILE__).gsub("_story_spec.rb",
".story")
            )

in the former.  Simple to make TextMate recognise the RSpec files
(even though they aren't, as such) and to give an extension to the
stories.

Ashley

--
blog @ http://aviewfromafar.net/