[rspec-users] An error on edge at -r 2767

sinclair bain rspec.user at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:16:30 EDT 2007

Looks like this whole area has been worked upon.
In the trunk the

directory has been reworked.

The rails_example.rb file contains the class method #before_eval where the
error is sourced.

In REL_1_0_8 this functionality was in the base.rb file there is no
#before_eval functionality as such.
There is no (obvious) calls to
   #prepend_before {setup}
   #append_after {teardown}
and the #configure is slightly different.
However the #before_eval exists in the rspec/lib/spec/dsl/behaviour.rb but
is an empty (no-op) implementation.
Plus Spec::DSL::Example inherits from Test::Unit::TestCase in the trunk
(hence the calls to setup/teardown)

So ... somewhere in there lies the cause.    ; )

Anyway I get the Story Runner back with the manual config modification so
that's where we want to be.