[rspec-users] An error on edge at -r 2767

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:54:02 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, sinclair bain <rspec.user at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops,
>
> A bit over-zealous on the send.
>
> As I meant to add
> This was not the case last week. This did not occur until yesterday when I
> svn upped the project (I had installed the rspec trunk as an svn:external).
> This all occurs on WindowsXP

Ah - I am therefore not able to help debug this precisely - though I
did follow your instructions and got a different error:

1)
SQLite3::SQLException in 'trunk error should not fail'
cannot start a transaction within a transaction
/Users/david/projects/ruby/trunk-error/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/rails_example.rb:17:in
`before_eval'

2)
SQLite3::SQLException in 'trunk error should fail'
cannot start a transaction within a transaction
/Users/david/projects/ruby/trunk-error/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/rails_example.rb:17:in
`before_eval'

Setting config.use_transactional_fixtures = false in
spec/spec_helper.rb resolved that. Any chance that is the source of
your problem?