[rspec-users] Problem Upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.0.8

Matt Lins mlins at webinforem.com
Tue Oct 23 12:18:55 EDT 2007

Sorry about that.

This spec was never tried on 1.0.5. I upgraded to 1.0.8 and immediately
wrote the spec following the documentation on the Rspec site.

I assumed it may have had something to do with the upgrade, since the
controller spec was so simple.

Just to clarify:

I upgraded the Rspec gem to the latest.
I upgraded the rspec rails plugin to the latest.
I upgraded the rspec_on_rails plugin to the latest.

I did this yesterday and ran all of my model tests(all still passed just
fine) and began to write some controller specs.

Here it is:

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../spec_helper'

describe ProductsController, "with a GET to /products" do

  it do
    get "index"
    response.should render_template("/app/views/products/index.rhtml")

The error again is:

1)
NameError in 'ProductsController with a GET to /products NO NAME
(Because of Error raised in matcher)'
uninitialized constant Spec::Mocks::BaseExpectation::AnyArgsConstraint
/Users/mattlins/Projects/RailsProjects/SWNetworkServices/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/render_observer.rb:86:in
`expect_render_mock_proxy'
/Users/mattlins/Projects/RailsProjects/SWNetworkServices/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/render_observer.rb:84:in
`call'
/Users/mattlins/Projects/RailsProjects/SWNetworkServices/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/render_observer.rb:84:in
`expect_render_mock_proxy'
/Users/mattlins/Projects/RailsProjects/SWNetworkServices/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/controller.rb:67:in
`render'
./spec/controllers/products_controller_spec.rb:6:
script/spec:4: