[rspec-users] Running rails specs outside of the normal project tree

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Tue Oct 23 11:34:11 EDT 2007

I want to create a spec/regressions directory with various
regressions (for my rails project).  I tried the following:

describe LoginController, "regression for user creation when
steves_sister does not exist", :behavior_type => :controller do
   controller_name :login

   before :each do
     @params = {
       "commit"=>"Create Account",
       "account"=> {

   [snip]
end

But I got this error:

1)
NoMethodError in 'LoginController regression for user creation when
steves_sister does not exist should not raise an error'
undefined method `controller_name' for #<#<Class:0x31f21f8>:0x31d7524>
./spec/regressions/
2007_09_01_login_controller_error_without_steves_sister_being_present_sp
ec.rb:36:
./script/spec:4:

  and do so...

What am I doing wrong?