[rspec-users] installing rspec/rspec_on_rails as system wide generator (or similar)

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Mon Oct 22 13:43:51 EDT 2007

Well, you do want the plugin installed in every app so that app is
ientirely self conatained.  I have a bash script called rspecify that
does all of the regular rspec commands to get up and running.  Are you
looking for something similar?  Here is my script  (BTW, I use piston to
manage my plugins):

#!/bin/bash
svn up &&
echo "Importing the rspec plugin with piston..." &&
piston import svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/CURRENT/rspec
vendor/plugins/rspec &&
svn ci -m "Used piston to import CURRENT rspec plugin" && svn up &&
echo "Importing the rspec_on_rails plugin with piston..." &&
piston import
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/CURRENT/rspec_on_rails
vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails &&
svn ci -m "Used piston to import CURRENT rspec_on_rails plugin" &&
svn up &&
./script/generate rspec &&
svn add spec && svn add previous_failures.txt && svn add
script/spec_server && svn add script/spec &&
svn ci -m "Adding generated rspec files, the app is now rspecified!" &&
svn up &&
echo "The app has been rspecified!"

-Ben