[rspec-users] plain text stories: motivation number 27

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Sat Oct 20 20:20:39 EDT 2007

On 10/17/2007 10:41 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:
> It seems to me that a plain text story could be stored in a lighthouse
> ticket, read in via the lighthouse API ... AND EXECUTED BY STORY
> RUNNER.

Not crazy at all.  I've seen fancy systems (IIRC, RallyDev is one) that
integrate automation testing with bug tracking/feature requests, so that
a bug doesn't truly become closed until its tests pass.  Naturally, that
was only supported if you were using a certain IDE, a certain language,
a certain test framework, etc.

I think it'd be terrific.

Jay