[rspec-users] Assumption tests

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 19:59:11 EDT 2007

On 10/20/07, Daniel Tenner <daniel.ruby at tenner.org> wrote:
> I'm all for pragmatism but it kind of irks me that I'd have to test
> behaviours in some cases and outcomes in others. I suppose neither of
> them is black nor white, and David's suggestion that it's all down to
> balancing design forces on a case-by-case basis...

You need to carefully analyze your situation and selectively apply the
tools you have at hand.  This is what I meant earlier when I said it
becomes too easy to use process and tools as a crutch for
thoughtfulness.  It may sound harsh, but that's absolutely what you're
trying to do.

Also, it's not testing behavior vs outcome.  It's testing interaction
vs outcome, which both fall under the umbrella of behavior.

Pat