[rspec-users] Patch idea for rspec_on_rails

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:53:41 EDT 2007

On 10/19/07, Ben Mabey <ben at benmabey.com> wrote:
> I would think that something like this should be worked into
> rpsec_on_rails.  Because it makes testing AR behavior very easy and
> painless.  One line of code = One line of test code.

I'd be hesitant to include it in rspec_on_rails. I don't really see
this as testing AR *behaviour* at all. It's pure structure. To me this
is no different than specifying that a Group should have an Array of
Users. And the reason we don't want to specify that is that if we
decide to change the Array to a Hash internally, without affecting
Group's methods, then we'd have to change the specs.

But I'd encourage you to publish this as a gem or plugin. I'm sure a
lot of people would like to use it, in spite of my opinions.