[rspec-users] Feeding the framework ?

James Hughes hughes.james at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:19:44 EDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Keith McDonnell <keith at dancingtext.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Is it just me or do many other rspec / rpsec_on_rails users spend more
> time than they would like feeding the framework ?
> Don't get me wrong, I love rpsec, but I seem to spend about 2/3 hours
> per week hunting down rspec problems.
> For example, today `rake spec:models` is broken. When I migrate, load
> fixtures and run `spec -cfs` all is well. When I run `rake spec:models`,
> there are no tables loaded.
> RuntimeError: ERROR     C42P01  Mrelation "table_name" does not exist
> Any tips or checklists when problems arise ?

I feel your pain (see the goofy error described in this thread:
but given I'm running edge/trunk I kind of figure I'm asking for it.;)
One tip that seems to come up a lot is re-bootstrap with the
'script/generate rspec' command. You don't say if you're getting these
errors after updating or if it's a gem issue, so not sure if that
would help you.