[rspec-users] plain text stories: motivation number 27

Marcus Ahnve marcus at ahnve.com
Thu Oct 18 04:45:46 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 09:41:27AM -0500, David Chelimsky wrote:
> This is mostly theoretical, but ...
>
> I'm starting to use lighthouse (http://llighthouseapp.com) for my
> projects at work. I'm organizing iterations as milestones and stories
> as tickets tagged to a milestone.
>
> Lighthouse offers an API so that you can write access the data in your
> account and write apps to process that data.
>
> I think you see where this is going.
>
> It seems to me that a plain text story could be stored in a lighthouse
> ticket, read in via the lighthouse API ... AND EXECUTED BY STORY
> RUNNER.
>
> Call me crazy :)
>
> Sure, this is theoretical in terms of lighthouse - but it reveals an
> important benefit of plain text stories: it would be possible to
> express stories in any of a variety of systems and have them consumed
> by an adapter that feeds them in to story runner.
>
> Thoughts?

I think it will be really useful if you start changing issue status
based on the outcome of the run stories. My main beef with issue
trackers has always been just that, that users click a box to say that
something is done instead of it being handled automatically.

/Marcus
--
Marcus Ahnve
Blog: http://marcus.ahnve.net