[rspec-users] plain text stories: motivation number 27

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 10:41:27 EDT 2007

This is mostly theoretical, but ...

I'm starting to use lighthouse (http://llighthouseapp.com) for my
projects at work. I'm organizing iterations as milestones and stories
as tickets tagged to a milestone.

Lighthouse offers an API so that you can write access the data in your
account and write apps to process that data.

I think you see where this is going.

It seems to me that a plain text story could be stored in a lighthouse
ticket, read in via the lighthouse API ... AND EXECUTED BY STORY
RUNNER.

Call me crazy :)

Sure, this is theoretical in terms of lighthouse - but it reveals an
important benefit of plain text stories: it would be possible to
express stories in any of a variety of systems and have them consumed
by an adapter that feeds them in to story runner.

Thoughts?