[rspec-users] Scenarios Plugin Pre-Announcement

John W. Long ws at johnwlong.com
Wed Oct 17 01:38:56 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Andy Watts <andywatts at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I recently spent a lot of time looking at something similar before going
> with the fixtures replacement plugin.
> It gives me new_user, create_user, create_user(:first_name =>
> 'overriddefault' ).
> Also creates records for associations where required.  This is useful in
> story runner, where I'm mocking less.
> screencast here
> http://railsnewbie.com/files/fixture_replacement_demo_new.mov

I like the auto generation of those methods. That's something that we
have thought about and intend to add to Scenarios at some point in the
future. The huge advantage of Scenarios over the FixtureReplacement
plugin (if I understand it correctly) is that it gives you a way to
group and manage your record creation calls. So you can say you want
to use the Accounts scenario and it will load up your basic accounts,
transactions, etc...

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com