[rspec-users] Failure trying to test ApplicationController

Steve vertebrate at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 00:14:11 EDT 2007

I'm trying to write some tests for the ApplicationController as shared
tests that can be run in all of my other controller tests, but am getting
a nil.rewrite error. Below is what I have...

describe AccountController do
  it_should_behave_like 'Application controller'
end

describe 'Application controller', :shared => true do

  it 'should fail require_login check if not logged in' do
    User.current = nil
    controller.require_login.should be_false
    response.should redirect_to(:controller => 'account', :action => 'logon')

def require_login
  return true if User.current.logged_in?

  redirect_to :controller => "account", :action => "logon" and return false
end

The line it's failing on is the redirect_to in require_login. What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks,
Steve