[rspec-users] Top Quoting?

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:57:02 EDT 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 4:35 PM, Nathan Sutton wrote:

>> This is especially true in cases where the reply might be two or
>> three lines long, and the untrimmed quoted message stretches on for
>> screenfuls.
>
> I totally agree, in fact I let most of these conversations just pass
> by because it's too much work to sift through all the nested quotes.
> I'd definitely participate more if things were trimmed sensibly.
>
> Nate

Bingo! And (BTW) I'm the OP. I don't care whether you top-post or
bottom-post. I try to pare the quoted email to the relevant, assuming
that people either have read or have access to more context, should
they need it. What got me started was the long thread on "Step
matchers" (and I don't mean to single anyone out -- it just happens
to be a thread I gave up on rather recently because of this).

I just thought I would raise the issue and see if anyone had any
thoughts about it. From what I read it's:

- Bottom post or interleave
- Trim quoted mail to provide quoted context but not extraneous
- Keep posts DRY :)

Yes?

Steve