[rspec-users] Stories location

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 07:14:07 EDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Steve <vertebrate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should the stories dir be located on the project root? I was expecting to
> find it located under spec/ but there isn't anything there, just the
> stories dir off of /.

We want stories and specs to be parallel as they are not intended to
be run together (they serve very different purposes). We talked about
doing this:

The problem with that approach is this:

Just a bit too long for our taste. So we decided to keep things at the
project root.

Seeing as stories go in ROOT/stories, perhaps specs should go in
ROOT/specs instead of ROOT/spec.