[rspec-users] Story Runner: 'When..Then..Then..Then' stories

Andy Watts andywatts at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 06:59:43 EDT 2007

Maybe I'm slow, but I just noticed that the following code..

Then 'I login'
Then 'I do something else'

...will output as...

Then 'I login'
And 'I do something else'

The same is true for two 'When' steps

This may have implications for writing reusable steps.

I'm finding that 'Then' step implementations can be reused as 'Then' or
'And' steps....whereas an 'And' step implementation can only be reused in
further 'And' steps?

Is this correct?
If so, 'When'...'Then'...'Then'...'Then' stories would be offer more
reusable steps and keep output that reads 'When'..'Then'..'And'..'And'.

- Andy