[rspec-users] Autotest and RSpect

Wes Gamble weyus at att.net
Thu Oct 11 11:22:46 EDT 2007

I ran into this as well - see my posts here:

There's a bug in ZenTest:

The fix is to remove the smartness in zentest that attempts to construct
a proper path to Ruby on Windows (I assume that's why they put it in

So in the autotest.rb file in the ZenTest 3.6.1 gem, make sure that the
definition of the "ruby" method looks like this:

# determine and return the path of the ruby executable.
  def ruby
    ruby = File.join(Config::CONFIG['bindir'],

    return ruby

and then autotest will be able to find your ruby executable.

Note that I never got the red/green thing working in snarl although it
does work in the command window if I do it there by hand.