[rspec-users] (no subject) - rspec not running

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:29:05 EDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Tom Stuart <tom at experthuman.com> wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2007, at 17:26, David Chelimsky wrote:
> > On Oct 8, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Scott Taylor wrote:
> >> escher: ./script/spec spec/models/item_spec.rb
> >>
> >> Finished in 8.0e-06 seconds
> >>
> >> 0 examples, 0 failures
> >> ./script/spec:4:in `run': wrong number of arguments (3 for 1)
> >> (ArgumentError)
> >>          from ./script/spec:4
> > I've got more work to do, but this problem is solved and committed.
> > You should be able to svn up, script/generate rspec, and be off and
> > running.
>
> I didn't see this 'wrong number of arguments' problem, but I'm
> getting something similar in autotest:
>
>   tom:~/code$ autotest
> spec/spec.opts  [...]
>
>   Finished in 3.768694 seconds
>
>   522 examples, 0 failures, 23 pending
>

>   Finished in 1.0e-05 seconds
>
>   0 examples, 0 failures

We are in the middle of a refactoring right now and this is a known
bug (within the folks working on it).

What you can do to eliminate this is go to
vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec.rb and remove the following lines (at
the end):

at_exit do
  unless rspec_options.examples_run?; exit rspec_options.run_examples; end
end

We can't just remove them right now because that causes other
problems, however those other problems shouldn't affect normal usage
in a rails app.