[rspec-users] (no subject) - rspec not running

Tom Stuart tom at experthuman.com
Mon Oct 8 13:18:47 EDT 2007

On 8 Oct 2007, at 17:26, David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Scott Taylor wrote:
>> escher: ./script/spec spec/models/item_spec.rb
>>
>> Finished in 8.0e-06 seconds
>>
>> 0 examples, 0 failures
>> ./script/spec:4:in `run': wrong number of arguments (3 for 1)
>> (ArgumentError)
>>          from ./script/spec:4
> I've got more work to do, but this problem is solved and committed.
> You should be able to svn up, script/generate rspec, and be off and
> running.

I didn't see this 'wrong number of arguments' problem, but I'm
getting something similar in autotest:

  tom:~/code$ autotest
spec/spec.opts  [...]

  Finished in 3.768694 seconds

  522 examples, 0 failures, 23 pending

  Finished in 1.0e-05 seconds

  0 examples, 0 failures

The second "Finished in.." is repeated every time specs are rerun,
and it's always 0/0/green (even when there are failures), which
naturally is messing with my mojo a little, not to mention my Growl
notifications. Everything's up to date (RSpec trunk, ZenTest 3.6.1,
just did script/generate rspec). Is this problem related to Scott's?

Cheers,
-Tom