[rspec-users] Rails, rSpec edge problems

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Fri Oct 5 17:06:25 EDT 2007

Well, I am not even trying to include anything.  I basically have what
all teh examples of the story runner have.  I can't seem to get the
Story Runner to work with a simple example.  This is all it takes to
make it fail on my app:

require File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), "helper")
Story "Signin process", %{
  As a person
  I want to sign up for an account
  So that I can view and contribute content
}, :type => RailsStory do

  Scenario "An individual looking for support" do

    When "visiting the registration page at", "/signup" do |page|
      get page
    end

    Then "viewer should see", "users/new" do |template|
      response.should render_template(template)

When I run this story ("ruby stories/signin_process.rb") I get the error:

NoMethodError: undefined method `render_template' for
#<ActionController::Integration::Session:0x327d974>

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben