[rspec-users] I can't make RSpec 1.0.8 run in Rails 1.2.3

Daniel Mantilla dmantilla at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 16:53:20 EDT 2007

I followed the directions on the site:

ruby script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/CURRENT/rspec
ruby script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/REL_1_0_8/rspec_on_rails
ruby script/generate rspec

And apparently everything was ok. But when I do a "rake spec" on the app folder none of the Rails models are visible. Here is the error:

(in C:/Projects/Rails/Workspace/MPS)
./spec/report_class_spec.rb:4: uninitialized constant ReportClass (NameError)

I just have this on report_class_spec.rb:

describe ReportClass, '#new' do
end

ReportClass was already created on app/models. When I add the following line at the top of the file it complains about ActiveRecord (uninitialized constant)

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../app/models/report_class'

Thanks in advance,

Daniel