[rspec-users] Rails, rSpec edge problems

Geoffrey Wiseman geoffrey.wiseman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:16:52 EDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Ben Mabey <ben at benmabey.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Does the Story Runner work on edge rails?  I thought that is what the
> example app was using but I am on the latest Rails and latest rSpec
> revisions and I am having problems. When I call 'render_template' in a
> story I get the following:
>
> NoMethodError: undefined method `render_template' for
> #<ActionController::Integration::Session:0x327d974>
>

> Do I need to include something or why would this method not be found?
> The full story is at: http://pastie.caboo.se/104247

Actually, even without edge rails, I was having trouble mixing in a module
using include myself, got the same message above, but for a different
method.  Not sure if 'include' was having the desired effect for me
(although I found another path by doing the include in "helper.rb" instead
of inside the Scenario, which solved the problem for me.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman