[rspec-users] Is stubbing a call to super possible?

Shane Mingins smingins at elctech.com
Thu Oct 4 19:56:52 EDT 2007

Is stubbing a call to super possible?  I am testing a protected
method called authorized in a Rails controller ... part of the logic
flow calls super which calls the method authorized in the application

As I am focused on the logic of the method in the controller I am
testing I just wish to stub the value returned in the super.

Is this at all possible?

Shane Mingins
ELC Technologies (TM)
PO Box 247
Santa Barbara, CA 93102

Phone: +64 4 568 6684
Mobile: +64 21 435 586
Email:  smingins at elctech.com
AIM:     ShaneMingins
Skype: shane.mingins

(866) 863-7365 Tel - Santa Barbara Office
(866) 893-1902 Fax - Santa Barbara Office

+44 020 7504 1346 Tel - London Office
+44 020 7504 1347 Fax - London Office

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended
for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you
must not copy, forward, distribute or take any action in reliance on
it. If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.