[rspec-users] Using Predicates to look at an array..

Geoffrey Wiseman geoffrey.wiseman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:07:35 EDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Eric Pugh <epugh at opensourceconnections.com> wrote:

>      shipping_type.should be_include(Cart::SHIPPING_TYPE_REGULAR)

This is what I usually do; I agree the syntax of be_include looks odd, as is
true for some other predicates.

OTOH,  it's hard to find a formulation that works well for all predicates.
For instance:
  domain.should_valid doesn't look as good as domain.should be_valid
  domain.should_include(x) looks better than domain.should be_include(x)

Rspec could support both, which means you could select the one that "looks"
right, I guess.  That might lead to inconsistent usage.  I can live with the
current approach as well, looks odd, but it's not a serious problem for me.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman