[rspec-users] TextMate language weirdness

Carl Porth badcarl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:23:19 EDT 2007

I'm having trouble with TextMate and assigning the RSpec language to
*_spec.rb files within rails projects.  Here is what is happening:

I'm in a file that has the language "Ruby on Rails" selected.
I do a ctrl-shift-down to switch to the corresponding _spec.rb file.
The _spec.rb file has the language "Ruby on Rails" selected.
I change the language to "RSpec".
I then do a ctrl-shift-down to switch back to the rails file.
The rails file has the language "Ruby" selected.
I select the language "Ruby on Rails" and the whole vicious cycle
begins again.

(No files remember what language they are supposed to be.)

I'm running TextMate build 1414 and RSpec.tmbundle r2691.

Anyone else experiencing the same behavior?

Is the problem with me, TextMate or RSpec.tmbundle or something
completely different?

Carl