[rspec-users] Problems with testing nested routes using mocking

Geoffrey Wiseman geoffrey.wiseman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:48:28 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a known issue:
>

> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=12963&group_id=797&atid=3149
>
> Patches welcome!

Not sure if that's related to the problem I'm having with view specs and the
dynamic path-generators, but it may be.  I tried to run the NetBeans
debugger on my spec, but as far as I can see, it can't introspect into the
generated code that routing.rb write_generation performs, which makes it
difficult to diagnose the problem.

I can dig into routing.rb:423 and the calls beneath it, but when I get to
routing.rb:424, step into just goes away and drops me off at a failed test.

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternate debugging technique, short of
modifying rails code, which is a little more intensive than I'd like right
now?  I don't mind trying to diagnose the problem and, if once diagnosed,
look into the effort of creating a patch, but at the moment, I don't even
know why my route generation's failing.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman