[rspec-users] color output?

Jonathan Linowes jonathan at parkerhill.com
Tue Oct 2 14:07:49 EDT 2007

feature request:

I have a story with a bunch of different scenarios that vary by just
one (or two) things. In fact, within the story I've written a method
that sets up the common set of Givens, and another than checks for a
common set of results, e.g.

   Scenario "no User record" do
     given_a_project_with_manager_logged_in

     And "**system has no user**", "Invitee" do |username|
       User.find_by_email(make_email(username)).should be_nil
     end

     When "inviting a new user", "Invitee" do |username|
       @invitee_email = make_email username
       post_via_redirect "/projects/#{@project.id}/
memberships", :email => @invitee_email,
       response.should be_success
     end

     then_user_should_be_successfully_invited
   end

Actually that's kind of besides the point, except to say the
scenarios may have a bunch of Givens, but only one or two change from
one scenario to the next.

So I've highlighted the thing thats different about this scenario
with asterix ("**system has no user**"). The next scenario may say
And "**Invitee is registered but not a member of this project**"

Feature request: let me use color to highlight the text that
describes whats different from one scenario to the next