[rspec-users] how to spec views

Andrew WC Brown omen.king at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:28:13 EDT 2007

I solved it.

The two problems were that I named my paths wrong and I was calling template
instead of repsonse

  it "should have a create games link for admin" do
   template.stub!(:logged_in?).and_return(true)
   template.stub!(:admin?).and_return(true)
   render "/games/index.rhtml"
   response.should have_tag('a','Create new game')
  end

I'm stlll getting used to the whole spec'ing view things.
Its good to know my only problem is minor typo's

I love RSPEC