[rspec-users] Rendering a view and passing a variable

Shane Mingins smingins at elctech.com
Thu Nov 29 21:33:19 EST 2007

don't you have to do ...   assigns[:language] = @language

On 30/11/2007, at 3:29 PM, Olivier Dupuis wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a view which display html based on the value of a variable.
> Here's the code :
>
> <% if @language == 'e' %>
>   <%= link_to "Fran&ccedil;ais", :action => :index, :id => "f" %>
> <% end %>
>
> In my test, I'm trying to set the value of the variable first, but
> that just doesn't seem to work :
>
> it "should display in english when @language is equal to 'E'" do
>     @language = "e"
>     render "/search/index"
>     response.should have_tag("a[href=?]", "/search/index/f")
> end
>
> I get the error message saying that no tag was found.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Olivier Dupuis

Shane Mingins
ELC Technologies (TM)
1921 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Phone: +64 4 568 6684
Mobile: +64 21 435 586
Email:  smingins at elctech.com
AIM:     ShaneMingins
Skype: shane.mingins

(866) 863-7365 Tel - Santa Barbara Office
(866) 893-1902 Fax - Santa Barbara Office

+44 020 7504 1346 Tel - London Office
+44 020 7504 1347 Fax - London Office

http://www.elctech.com

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended
for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you
must not copy, forward, distribute or take any action in reliance on
it. If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.