[rspec-users] Possible Problem with RSpec and

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:50:01 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 7:16 AM, Stefan Magnus Landrø <stefan.landro at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, it would be nice to distinguish between errors and failures. I
> initially thought rake would output "rake aborted!" only when you have
> errors - not just failing tests, and as a ruby newbie I sometimes found it
> hard to know if I had an error or just a failing test.
>
> Does this make more sense?

It does from the perspective of a human being, but keep in mind that
people are not the only consumers of rake.

As for distinguishing between errors and failures, RSpec is admittedly
riding both sides of this fence. I just added a ticket to address
this:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec/tickets/152

Please feel free to comment in the ticket.

Cheers,
David