[rspec-users] Possible Problem with RSpec and

Stefan Magnus Landrø stefan.landro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:38:23 EST 2007


We saw some annoying behavior related to pending tests. Maybe you could
delete it and rerun your specs?

An error typically indicates that you have some sort of error in your code -
failing tests should not cause rake to abort.

Stefan

2007/11/25, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>:
>
> Sorry to be such a pest but I am trying to learn Ruby, Rails and RSpec all
> at one go and it is a bit overwhelming.  I have previously completed the
> depot tutorial in the Agile Web Dev with rails book and now I am trying do
> do it again using RSpec.
>
> What I would like to know now is why I am getting a rake failure error at
> the end of every spec:models run.  Is this the expected behaviour when a
> test / expectation fails?
>
> --->
>
> C:\var\RSpec\depot>rake spec:models
> (in C:/var/RSpec/depot)
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "products_id_seq" for
> serial
> column "products.id"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "products_pkey" f
> or table "products"
>
> Product
> - should have a valid image uri (PENDING: Not Yet Implemented)
> - should have a description
> - should have a title (FAILED - 1)
>
> Pending:
> Product should have a valid image uri (Not Yet Implemented)
>
> 1)
> 'Product should have a title' FAILED
> expected valid? to return true, got false
> ./spec/models/product_spec.rb:11:
>
> Finished in 0.75 seconds
>
> 3 examples, 1 failure, 1 pending
> rake aborted!
> Command ruby -I
> "C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib"
> "C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/bin/spec"
> "spec/models/product_spec.rb"
> --options
> "C:/var/RSpec/depot/config/../spec/spec.opts" failed
>
> (See full trace by running task with --trace)
>
> C:\var\RSpec\depot>rake spec:models --trace
> (in C:/var/RSpec/depot)
> ** Invoke spec:models (first_time)
> ** Invoke db:test:prepare (first_time)
> ** Invoke environment (first_time)
> ** Execute environment
> ** Execute db:test:prepare
> ** Invoke db:test:clone (first_time)
> ** Invoke db:schema:dump (first_time)
> ** Invoke environment
> ** Execute db:schema:dump
> ** Invoke db:test:purge (first_time)
> ** Invoke environment
> ** Execute db:test:purge
> ** Execute db:test:clone
> ** Invoke db:schema:load (first_time)
> ** Invoke environment
> ** Execute db:schema:load
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "products_id_seq" for
> serial column "products.id"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "products_pkey" for table "products"
> ** Execute spec:models
>
> Product
> - should have a valid image uri (PENDING: Not Yet Implemented)
> - should have a description
> - should have a title (FAILED - 1)
>
> Pending:
> Product should have a valid image uri (Not Yet Implemented)
>
> 1)
> 'Product should have a title' FAILED
> expected valid? to return true, got false
> ./spec/models/product_spec.rb:11:
>
> Finished in 0.563 seconds
>
> 3 examples, 1 failure, 1 pending
> rake aborted!
> Command ruby -I"C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib"
> "C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/bin/spec" "spec/models/
> product_spec.rb" --options "C:/var/RSpec/depot/config/../spec/spec.opts"
> failed
> C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/rake/
> spectask.rb:173:in `define'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:823:in `verbose'
> C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/rake/
> spectask.rb:142:in `define'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:392:in `call'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:392:in `execute'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:392:in `each'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:392:in `execute'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:362:in `invoke'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:355:in `synchronize'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:355:in `invoke'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1739:in `top_level'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1739:in `each'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1739:in `top_level'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1761:in `standard_exception_handling'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1733:in `top_level'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1711:in `run'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1761:in `standard_exception_handling'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/
> rake.rb:1708:in `run'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/bin/rake:7
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/bin/rake.bat:20:in `load'
> C:/usr/local/bin/ruby/bin/rake.bat:20
>
> C:\var\RSpec\depot>
> <---
>
>
> --
> ***          E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel          ***
> James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
> Harte & Lyne Limited          http://www.harte-lyne.ca
> 9 Brockley Drive              vox: +1 905 561 1241
> Hamilton, Ontario             fax: +1 905 561 0757
> Canada  L8E 3C3
>
> _______________________________________________
> rspec-users mailing list
> rspec-users at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/rspec-users
>



-- 
Bekk Open Source
http://boss.bekk.no
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-users/attachments/20071128/c5cd7d52/attachment.html 


More information about the rspec-users mailing list