[rspec-users] [UNSOLVED] Possible Problem with RSpec

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Sat Nov 24 23:15:26 EST 2007

On Sat Nov 24 21:54:58 EST 2007, Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com wrote:

> Failed expectations are implemented using exceptions, so naturally
> if you use --trace then rake will print a backtrace.  If you don't
> want it, don't use --trace.

I do not care about the presence or absence of a trace. What I want to
know is why I get a rake failure if one of the specs fail. Surely a
specification failure is an expected outcome for at last some of the
trials.  RSpec should just report that fact and let rake exit cleanly.  I
ran the previous trial with --trace just to avoid having someone write
"please provide a trace".

--->
C:\var\RSpec\depot>rake spec:models
(in C:/var/RSpec/depot)
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "products_id_seq" for
serial
 column "products.id"
"products_pkey" f
or table "products"

Product
- should have a valid image url (FAILED - 1)
- should have a description
- should have a title

1)
'Product should have a valid image url' FAILED
expected 1 error on :image_url, got 0
./spec/models/product_spec.rb:40:

Finished in 0.922 seconds

3 examples, 1 failure
rake aborted!
Command ruby -I"C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib"
"C:/var/RSpec/depot/vendor/plugins/rspec/bin/spec"
"spec/models/product_spec.rb"
--options "C:/var/RSpec/depot/config/../spec/spec.opts" failed

<---

Canada  L8E 3C3