[rspec-users] Initial run of RSpec 1.0.8 on MS-WinXPproSP2

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:42:43 EST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 4:06 PM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, November 22, 2007 16:31, David Chelimsky wrote:
>

> > RSpec 1.0.8 supports rails 1.2.3 or earlier. If you want to work w/
> > anything later than Rails 1.2.3 you'll need rspec's trunk.
> >

> I deleted the rpsec gem and the rspec and rpec_on_rails plugins. I then
> installed rspec from the trunk (svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk)
> via Tortoise SVN.  I deleted the ./spec directory tree from the app root
> and ran ruby script/generate rspec_model product.  When I run rake
> spec:models I get the same error.

Did you run this?

ruby script/generate rspec

Here's the order of things:

rails pragdepot
cd pragdepot
ruby script/plugin install http://rspec.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/rspec
ruby script/plugin install http://rspec.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/rspec_on_rails
ruby script/generate rspec
ruby script/generate rspec_model product
rake db:migrate
rake spec:models

The db creation should happen some time before running rake db:migrate.

HTH,
David