[rspec-users] Autotest rspec issues

Brad Carson lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Nov 21 18:05:41 EST 2007

Scott Taylor wrote:
>> You were absolutely right.  My gem configuration is kind of mangled
>> (Leopard thing) and ZenTest would only update to 3.5.0 so I thought it
>> was the most recent version.
> Strange.  Are you using the rubygems which comes with leopard?  I
> wonder if it's a bug...

I am.  First thing I did at the terminal was a 'gem update --system'
which, as it now turns out, is a no-no, since the gem directories get
mixed up.  I've recently since explicitly set the GEM_PATH and GEM_HOME
to point to the Leopard defaults to avoid further confusion.  Some gems
were being written to /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8

More details here:

In any case, rspec and zentest are working wonderfully now.  Thanks