[rspec-users] Getting Class in Shared Behaviours

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Wed Nov 21 17:58:48 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Nathan Sutton wrote:

> Not even sure, what are your thoughts?
>
> Nathan Sutton
> fowlduck at gmail.com
> rspec edge revision 2910
> rspec_on_rails edge revision 2909
> rails edge revision 8175

I'd like to see something like this:

it_should_behave_like "a foo", :variables => {
   :bar => "bar",
   :baz => "baz",
   :class => Object
}

describe "a foo", :shared => true do

   it "should have the variable bar there, equal to bar" do
     bar.should == "bar"

Conceivably, you could do some metaprogramming to define methods
"bar" and "baz" in the ExampleGroupClass (or whatever that thing is
called now) to return the values give in the hash.

Scott